O’Reilly Law’s Update On Our Business & coronavirus (COVID-19) | March 16, 2020
A note about coronavirus (COVID-19)
Monday, March 16, 2020
To our valued clients:
Just like many of you and your organizations, we at O’Reilly Law offices are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. Not only are we internally doing everything we can to keep our employees and clients safe, but we are also taking measures to ensure that our clients have the information and the reliable counsel they need to make fast and effective decisions.
Our office locations are open for business. Even before this occurrence, our team was highly capable of working remotely, and we will be doing even more of that in the coming weeks. Specifically, in response to this pandemic, we have prepared with:
• Remote access plans to prevent disruptions in client services and allow easy access to lawyers and staff
• A contingency plan for in-person events
• Video call/meeting hosting capabilities
• Safety precautions for office visitors
Even if we eventually must close an office location to outsiders, we plan to continuously provide you with high levels of uninterrupted service.
Also note that we at O’Reilly Law Offices are seeking to play an active role in preventing the spread of the coronavirus, requiring behavior changes related to social distancing, including the following:
• Refraining from shaking hands
• Frequent sanitization of surfaces and hand-washing
• Only holding face-to-face meetings and gatherings in which participants are able to be at least six feet apart from one another
• Using teleconference and video conference options when proper social distancing cannot be achieved
Our thoughts are with all those impacted and with the health care professionals on the front lines treating them. We wish everyone well as we navigate this global health challenge together.
O’REILLY LAW OFFICES